As your Northern Virginia photographer, my goal is to provide you with a custom photo session that is fun and stress-free. I will help with all of the planning from choosing the perfect location to your outfits to what to do with your images.
I would also love to include the rest of your family whenever possible. If grandma and grandpa are in town, I am happy to have them join us. And don’t forget your fur-babies!
My style of guiding families through a session in a relaxed and natural way results in a unique gallery filled with authentic laughs, joyful moments, and emotive portraits you will love looking back on. And yes – we’ll get one where everyone is looking!
I will help you get comfortable by encouraging you to laugh and play. To enjoy every moment with your babies because they are only small once.
I have been a professional photographer since 2014 and a mom since 2010. I get that you’re a busy family, so I have tailored my portrait sessions with you in mind. Family sessions are booked 45 minutes before sunset, or 15 minutes before sunrise for you early birds!
I also only accept one family per sunrise/sunset so I’m not rushing or watching the clock. You will always have my full attention.
Session retainers are due with a contract at booking to secure your reservation and include:
- your pre-session planning and consultation; from tips on what to wear to help selecting the perfect location to what to expect and how to make the most of your session, I will ensure you feel prepared, relaxed and at ease for your photos.
- everything that happens on my end before, during, and after your session.
- a password-protected online gallery within 2 weeks of our session for viewing, sharing, and ordering.
Please note: session retainers do not include digital files or printed artwork.
Once you’ve had a chance to fall in love with your photo gallery, I’ll help you figure out what to do with them! If you already know how you want to share/display your favorites, check out my price list and product guide for available options:
Click here to view product samples.
Ready to book?
- First, you’ll receive a link to my calendar allowing you to select your session date/time.
- Then, you’ll sign your contract and pay the retainer.
- Last, you’ll complete a short questionnaire that lets me get to know you and your family.
That’s it! Then I will begin to plan your custom photo session experience.
“A portrait is not made in the camera but on either side of it.” — Edward Steichen
2022 New Client Welcome Guide from internationally published Northern Virginia photographer Blaire Ring, Second Ave Photography. Prices and collections subject to change at any time without notice. All prices are subject to 6% Virginia state sales tax as applicable by law. Location/permit fees mare not included in the session retainer. Travel fees may apply to areas outside of Northern Virginia.
Please review my illness policy here: https://www.secondavephotography.com/illness-policy/
Every portrait session and school booked allows me to support local animal rescues, The March of Dimes, Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep, and offer free portraits for parents riding the NICU roller coaster. In 2019 I donated over $3500.