My goal is to provide you with custom Northern Virginia photography that is fun and stress-free. I will help with all of the planning from choosing the perfect location to your outfits to what to do with your images.
I would also love to include the rest of your family whenever possible. If grandma and grandpa are in town, I am happy to have them join us. And don’t forget your fur-babies!
My style of guiding families through a session in a relaxed and natural way results in a unique gallery filled with authentic laughs, joyful moments, and emotive portraits you will love looking back on. And yes – we’ll get one where everyone is looking!
I will help you get comfortable by encouraging you to laugh and play. To enjoy every moment with your babies because they are only small once.
I have been a professional photographer since 2014 and a mom since 2010. I get that you’re a busy family, so I have tailored my portrait sessions with you in mind. Family sessions are booked 45 minutes before sunset, or 15 minutes before sunrise for you early birds!
I also only accept one family per sunrise/sunset so I’m not rushing or watching the clock. You will always have my full attention.
Session retainers are due with a contract at booking to secure your reservation and include:
- your pre-session planning and consultation; from tips on what to wear to help selecting the perfect location to what to expect and how to make the most of your session, I will ensure you feel prepared, relaxed and at ease for your photos.
- everything that happens on my end before, during, and after your session.
- a password-protected online gallery within 2 weeks of our session for viewing, sharing, and ordering.
Please note: session retainers do not include digital files or printed artwork.
Once you’ve had a chance to fall in love with your photo gallery, I’ll help you figure out what to do with them! If you already know how you want to share/display your favorites, check out my price list and product guide for available options:
Ready to book?
- First, you’ll receive a link to my calendar allowing you to select your session date/time.
- Then, you’ll sign your contract and pay the retainer.
- Last, you’ll complete a short questionnaire that lets me get to know you and your family.
That’s it! Then I will begin to plan your custom photo session experience.
“A portrait is not made in the camera but on either side of it.” — Edward Steichen
©2024 New Client Welcome Guide from Blaire Ring, Second Ave Photography. Prices and collections subject to change at any time without notice. All prices are subject to 6% Virginia state sales tax as applicable by law. Location/permit fees mare not included in the session retainer. Travel fees may apply to areas outside of Northern Virginia and Washington DC.
Please review my illness policy here: https://www.secondavephotography.com/illness-policy/
Every portrait session and school booked allows me to support local animal rescues, The March of Dimes, Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep, and offer free portraits for parents riding the NICU roller coaster. In 2019 I donated over $3500.