Hi everyone! We are back with another summer Guest Blogger Series and I am so excited! Over the summer I will feature guest industry leaders with you sharing some awesome info. We’re kicking it off today with Sara from SeneGence, and her 7 self care ideas for the busiest mamas! Even we can find 10 minutes for ourselves, right? All of these ideas are 10 minutes or LESS.
7 Self Care Ideas for the Busiest Mamas
Being a mom, for the first time, or for the 10th time, means spreading yourself a little thinner. Usually, it means you do less and less for yourself, so that you can do more for the kids. But you don’t have to stop taking care of yourself completely. Here are 7 tips that take less than ten minutes each to show yourself a little love!
- Do a face mask – taking care of your skin is taking care of you. Pro tip: put the mask on ten minutes before you get in the shower and wait to wash it off as long as possible!
- Meditate – you’ve heard this one before, but how do you get ten quiet minutes? Consider staying up ten minutes later. None of that getting up early stuff here!
- Moisturize your feet – at night, put a couple of drops of essential oils, such as lavender and peppermint, and mix with a body butter. Slather it on your feet and put on thick cotton socks for the night. Wake up to super soft feet!
- Give yourself a mini hand massage – use a lotion specifically made for your hands that will reactivate with washing, so you reinvigorate the lotion all day long.
- Listen to a happy song – and sing it out loud! Turn it up, sing, dance, and let loose. If you need to keep it quiet, use those headphones!
- Stretch – even ten minutes of stretching in the morning can start you off on the right foot. Do some easy, gentle stretches that don’t tax your body or your mind too much. Just do what feels good – no one is watching, so you don’t need to have any special flow happening!
- Deep condition your hair – I know, you barely have time to wash it! But wash your hair as soon as you get in the shower, then apply conditioner. Leave it in until you’ve cleaned everything else, then wash it out.
Taking time or yourself isn’t easy, but you have to take care of you to take care of everyone else. Try just one tip, mama! Do one thing for you today, because you deserve it!
About the author:
Sara started selling LipSense two years ago because she fell in love with the product and wanted to find something to do just for herself. SeneGence allowed Sara to finally see her natural beauty and gain confidence, so she wanted to share that feeling with other women. Interested in products you can use with these tips? Visit www.senegence.com/sarasliplove or contact me for more info at firstname.lastname@example.org.